Finding the Best Marketing Automation Tools
Marketing automation software automates marketing actions or tasks, streamlines marketing workflows, and measures the outcomes of marketing campaigns. These tools provide a central marketing database for all marketing information and interactions, helping marketers create segmented, personalized and timely marketing experiences for customers or prospects. These platforms provide automation features across multiple aspects of marketing including email, social media, lead generation, direct mail, digital advertising and more.
A key component of marketing automation tools is the provision of analytics features to measure the impact of an entire campaign across segments and channels. These features measure the impact of campaigns on marketing team KPIs, campaign ROI, and the impact of campaigns on company revenue.
Marketing automation products often integrate with CRM software tools, though CRM tools with marketing automation features natively built in are considered CRM all-in-one products. While marketing automation tools do include email marketing features, products in G2 Crowd’s marketing automation category are excluded from the Email Marketing category, which houses tools that only address automation in the email channel.
To qualify for inclusion in the Marketing Automation category, a product must:
- • Automate two or more of the following: email, social media, SMS, and digital ads
- • Provide advanced email marketing capabilities including A/B testing, spam filter testing, scheduling, segmentation and detailed performance reporting
- • Act as a central marketing database for marketing information and interactions
- • Allow dynamic segmentation of marketing campaign targets
- • Contact targets across multiple channels after specific actions, triggers or periods of time
- • Perform lead management to include lead nurturing and lead scoring
- • Generate forms and landing pages to collect prospect information
- • Provide analytics and reports that track the entire lifecycle of a campaign including ties to revenue and/or campaign ROI
Marketing Automation Software Grid® Overview
- • Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: HubSpot, Marketo, Pardot, Act-On, ActiveCampaign, ClickDimensions, Bronto, GetResponse, iContact Pro, SharpSpring, and Exponea
- • High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the Market Presence of the Leaders High Performers include: Right On Interactive, Net-Results, eTrigue, dotmailer, inBOX25, Maropost Marketing Cloud, Autopilot, ThriveHive, Leadsquared Marketing Automation, Adestra, Omnisend, Iterable, Lead Liaison, VBOUT, ActiveDEMAND, Zaius, Real Magnet, Blueshift, DSS, MaaxMarket, Higher Logic Marketing Automation Professional, Klaviyo, Aritic, 366 Degrees, emfluence Marketing Platform, and Kintegra
- • Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Oracle Eloqua, Adobe Campaign, Oracle | Responsys, IBM Watson Campaign Automation, Emarsys, and Selligent Marketing Cloud
- • Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: IBM Campaign, Sales Engine International, Mapp Digital, CallidusCloud Marketing Automation, CommuniGator, Salesfusion, Genoo, Sailthru Experience Center, SALESmanago, Plumb5, Mautic, and OutboundEngine
Click on our consultation link!